Posting on LinkedIn Landed Me a Job

Here's why you should post on LinkedIn



I probably need to explain the title of this blog before you accuse me of clickbait. This past summer, I applied for an internship at a local marketing agency. I didn't end up getting the position. However, a few weeks ago I received this email from the Chief Marketing Officer at the agency:

Email

I go in for the interview and the CMO explains why she sent me the email. 
I saw you connected with me on LinkedIn and enjoyed what you've been posting about. I also noticed that you were engaging with our company's content. As a marketer myself, you were doing the right things to catch my attention. 
By this point, I hope you realize the impact that being active and posting content on LinkedIn can have. Now, let me try and convince you further with some stats and content ideas!
  • For 91% of marketing executives, LinkedIn is the top place to find quality content.
  • Only 3 million LinkedIn users share content on a weekly basis.
    • If only 3 million members publish content weekly, that’s 0.5% of LinkedIn’s global users. If we considered LinkedIn’s monthly active users only, the percentage of people publishing on this platform would be 1.15%.
  • The network has 303 million active monthly users, 40% of which visit the site daily.
  • 90 million senior-level influencers and 63 million decision-makers use LinkedIn.
Phew, that was a lot of numbers. If you take away one thing from this blog, let it be this: if you post on LinkedIn, you're literally in the top 1%. If you take away two things from this blog, let it be inspiration from the following tried and true content ideas that I've used when posting...

LinkedIn post
Sharing an interesting article


LinkedIn post
Asking for advice


LinkedIn post
Announcing an accomplishment


LinkedIn post
Sharing your school projects


LinkedIn post
Sharing news about your school

I hope I've inspired the content creator and marketer inside all of you. If you try any of these content ideas, let me know how it goes! In the meantime, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn. And remember, just post, post, interact, and post some more. This will get you way more out of the platform that others don't properly utilize. It might even land you that dream job! Happy posting, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 People You Should Be Connected With on LinkedIn

LinkedIn & Beyond: Professional Development Tips You Need to Know