What's LinkedIn to College?

Create a LinkedIn account! 
Everyone has one! 
You'll need it to get a job!  
You haven't networked yet? 
Develop your personal brand! 

Heading into college, the importance placed on LinkedIn was pretty clear. It felt like professors and career counselors were trying to sell me the next ShamWow or OxiClean.

For the most part, I was fairly receptive. I wasn't trying to rebel against the corporate machine and boycott the platform.

However,

All of these people were telling me why I should have a LinkedIn account instead of how to use it. 

This blog's purpose is to offer practical advice to college students and young professionals like myself to help them understand how to use LinkedIn to their advantage.


If that sounds good to you, connect with me on LinkedIn and we can begin this journey together.

LinkedIn
Photo credit: LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 People You Should Be Connected With on LinkedIn

LinkedIn & Beyond: Professional Development Tips You Need to Know

Posting on LinkedIn Landed Me a Job